Like chocolate? Cakes? Homemade and handmade products? Like supporting local businesses (right in Weston)? Have you met Aarti of Le Rouge Handmade Chocolates? She and her chocolates have been featured in the Weston Forum.
She makes all her chocolates in small batches and sells them online through mail order. Her confections have also been featured as favors for weddings and corporate events.
Some of the exotic flavors used in her chocolates are:
• Intense Raspberry, raspberry-infused soft caramel.
• Ale Truffles, Irish ale-flavored ganache.
• Serious Caffeine Fix, espresso-infused ganache.
• Apple Pie à la Mode, apples with cream.
• Guava Chili Mango, fruity with a kick of heat.
• Sizzling Sichuan, dark chocolate with the intense heat of Sichuan peppers.
• Masala Chai, chai with hints of cardamom and cinnamon.
• Halva Heaven, halva and saffron-infused ganache.
• Kesar Pista Delight, pistachio and saffron.
• Wasabi Ginger, wasabi-infused ganache with candied ginger.
• Paan Bahaar, beetle leaves and preserved rose petals in fennel-infused dark chocolate.
In addition to truffles and molded chocolates, she makes her award-winning English toffee and orange-infused almond clusters, as well as Mendiants — chocolate disks featuring almonds, pistachios and dried cranberries, and sprinkled with gold sugar.
While most of her confections are covered in dark chocolate, Ms. Khosla is flexible, and customers may order milk or white chocolate if they prefer. She’s also open to ideas and suggestions for new flavors.
“These are the perfect chocolates for those who enjoy the finer things in life,” she said.
To purchase Ms. Khosla’s chocolates, visit her website, lerougebyaarti.com or her Facebook page, Le Rouge-Handmade Chocolates by Aarti, or call 203-293-6106.
I got to sample some Le Rouge cakes at the Weston Farmers’ Market at the Norfield Grange in May. They were as good as they looked. I’m looking forward to trying her chocolates.
GIVEAWAY: Want to win a sampler of Le Rouge cakes and chocolates? Enter a comment to share the most exotic flavored dessert you have ever tried and enjoyed in your travels or party circuit. A random winner will be chosen on Mother’s Day at noon and notified by email. No purchase is necessary to enter. You may enter as many times as you’d like. Selection of items for the sampler is at the discretion of Le Rouge Handmade Chocolates.
PROMOTION: Mention “Moms in Weston” from now until May 23rd to receive a 10% discount on your order. If you’d like to speak to Aarti before ordering, please feel free to call her at 203-293-6106