Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Presents DRAGONS is a once in a millennium event that honors The Year of the Dragon. Ringling Bros.® Ringmaster Johnathan Lee Iverson presides over this fantastical celebratory tournament of circus champions that brings together mystic dragon lore with authentic circus feats.
- Ringling Bros.® Ringmaster Johnathan Lee Iverson presides over this fantastical celebratory tournament of circus champions that brings together mystic dragon lore with authentic circus feats.
- Circus performers from the farthest reaches of the earth have assembled for Ringling Bros. Presents DRAGONS to showcase their astounding acts of bravery and astonishing athleticism.
- DRAGONS is a never-before-seen blend of renowned spiritual and real life legends that can be found only at The Greatest Show On Earth®!
- For more information about the show, you can visit us atwww.Ringling.com. You can also find Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube and follow producer Nicole Feld on Twitter at @NicoleFeld.
- Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey® searched far and wide, from north to south and east to west, to bring audiences spellbinding acts, including:
- The Shaolin Warriors, from China, execute intense and fearless Kung Fu martial arts dating back to the 5th Century. Trained at an early age to become masters of their discipline, the Shaolin Warriors demonstrate powerful concentration and skill by using rapid movements and the sheer strength of their own bodies to twist eight foot long metal rods; break six-foot long wooden poles in one precise strike; or be lifted seven feet in the air on the points of five handheld spears. Not even 16 steel blades rotating within a metal ring of fire can unnerve the steady mind of a Shaolin Warrior as he jumps through the razor-sharp blaze blindfolded!
- The Riders of the Wind, a dozen of the most deftly-balancing Cossack riders, charge into the ring on their thoroughbred horses, displaying great strength and amazing dexterity. The equestrian acrobat riders perform intricate maneuvers on horseback, including a double-man pyramid that builds to a remarkable Roman riding five-man high pyramid, all while the horses are galloping at full speed!
- The Globe of Steel features the Torres Family who will shatter all records by putting eight family members on specialized motorcycles. Once locked inside a 16-foot steel globe, all together they will orbit at an unprecedented 65 miles per hour within inches of each other.
- Hailing from Great Britain and appearing in the United States for the first time, Alexander Lacey, trainer and award-winning presenter, along with his big cats including tigers and lions, summons brazen bravado and valor in one mixed cat display. Lacey’s fearless command of the big cats’ agility and strength demonstrates unconditional respect between man and predator.
- Featured in a dazzling aerial display, Viktoriya Medeiros and Widny Neves, the Hair Hang Heroines ascend 35-feet in the air from just the strands of their long dark hair. Relying on the pure strength of their hair, they juggle, flip and even spiral down a silk chiffon!
- The Flying Caceres, with their double decker high trapeze designed specifically for Ringling Bros., will soar elegantly through the air at The Greatest Show On Earth. They will present the wildly difficult forward triple somersault and in the first worldwide attempt, troupe leader George Caceres will undertake a full twisting double bar-to-bar somersault.
- A whimsical, heartwarming and awe-inspiring display of showmanship brings an animal menagerie from 10 pounds to 10,000 pounds only found at Ringling Bros. Presents DRAGONS. Treasured Ringling Bros. Asian elephants, the largest herd of any circus in North America, are presented in an incredible spectacle of majestic wonder and strength. Andre McClain presents a charming display of mixed hoofstock including horses, ponies, mini-donkeys, and goats; and Hans Klose with his ten high-energy rescue dogs display their animal athleticism by high jumping, hurdling, back flipping, walking on their hind legs and even diving from 16-feet up in the air.
- In a friendly tournament of champions, two amazing acrobatic troupes attempt to outdo one another as they vault from a 12-foot long, six-inch wide Russian bar showcasing an overwhelming series of flips, twists and somersaults sequences. These athletes will astonish as they ramp it up by securing themselves to six-foot tall stilts before being launched from the teeterboard, executing not a just single, not even a double but an unbelievable triple somersault!
- Roaring through the arena sky is the dueling double motorcycle high-wire! Hearts will pound as two daredevil riders race their motorcycles on specially designed high-wires suspended 30-feet over the audience. Precariously poised from each bike are beautiful aerialists who feed the flames of excitement with flips and spins all while on the moving bikes!
- An hour before show time, audiences can join Ringling Bros. talented performers and learn new circus skills at the All Access Pre-show, FREE ADMISSION with your ticket!
- Audience members can get up close and personal with Ringling Bros. performers to take photos, get autographs and learn circus skills at the All Access Pre-show.
- Circus-goers can meet some of Ringling Bros. majestic animals, see a pachyderm paint a portrait and learn more about Ringling Bros. commitment to elephant conservation at the All Access Pre-show.
- The All Access Pre-show is the only place where you can register for a chance to win a masterpiece created by one of Ringling Bros.artistic Asian elephants.
- Let me tell you about CircusFit®…
- Uniquely inspired by the athletic stars of The Greatest Show On Earth and the daredevil stunts they perform, CircusFit® is a national fitness program from Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey that encourages America’s youth to lead healthy, active lifestyles by combining the fun of circus skills with stretching, strength building and aerobic exercise.
- To learn more about the FUNdamentals of Fitness visit www.CircusFit.com
- Let me tell you how to get tickets to Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey…
GIVEAWAY INFORMATION: WANT TO WIN A FAMILY-4-PACK TO SEE THE SHOW ON Wednesday, October 23 at 7:00pm? Type in your answer to one of the following trivia questions in the comments section by OCTOBER 15th! Please write the number of the question and your answer. Note: not every question offers multiple choice answers. If given a choice, please select your best answer. The winner will be selected randomly and announced on October 16th! No purchase necessary to enter. If you can’t make the show on October 23rd, you can purchase tickets for the other dates, including matinée shows on weekends. Have fun!
HERE ARE THE TRIVIA QUESTIONS:
1) The thin high wire on which daredevils walk in midair is made of what?
A. Rope B. Wood C. Steel
2) How many pounds of popcorn are consumed in each city Ringling Bros. visits?
A. 1000 B. 10, 000 C. 575
3) The tall “legs” on which clowns sometimes walk are called?
A. Stilts B. Ladders C. Sway poles
4) Where did the word “circus” originate?
5) What year was cotton candy introduced to circus audiences in America?
6) Who invented the first three-ring circus?
A. Barnum & Bailey B. Thomas Edison C. Abraham Lincoln