10/27/2012 6:00:30 PM EST – 10/27/12 CODE RED NOTIFICATION
This is First Selectman Gayle Weinstein with a Code Red weather update regarding Hurricane Sandy.
The State Meteorologist is currently predicting 36 hours of sustained high winds. Beginning Sunday afternoon, winds will pick up, turning into tropical storm strength before midnight. By Monday afternoon, we are anticipating hurricane gust strength winds lasting through Tuesday morning. We are not anticipating significant rainfall, with amounts totally 3-6 inches over the course of 36-40 hours.
Given this forecast, please plan on sheltering in place and being without power for several days. Store enough food and supplies for a 72 hour period
Do not attempt to travel during periods of high wind. Roads may be blocked with live wires and downed trees.
Please check the Town website, http://www.westonct.gov for additional storm information.
Drop us a line!1-203-275-9888Email anytime!
Promote your business with a coupon. Contact us.
Looking for professional babysitting and tutoring services?
What’s Happening in Weston and Nearby?Check out our calendar under the events page. Have something you'd like to add? Contact us.
Diana ToomeyWilson on The Science of Magic is Coming… Lauren Ehrlich on The Science of Magic is Coming… Karen Hein on The Science of Magic is Coming… Hilary Felton on The Science of Magic is Coming… Kara Duncan on The Science of Magic is Coming…
- 201,106 hits
We’re in the news!
- RT @WorkLikeMother: We help moms who lost their confidence and don't have evidence or access to their capabilities, skills & power. https:/… 1 year ago
- RT @fairfielddental: @WestonCTMoms 2016 Back-to-School Dental Check-up List hubs.ly/H04jcYn0 1 year ago
- RT @ArmCindy: Weston Residents: FREE Daffodil Bulb giveaway. 9/24-25 from 10am-4pm. Lachat Farm 106 Godfrey Road. @westonforum @WestonCTMoms 1 year ago
- That's great! twitter.com/GreenwichDV/st… 1 year ago
- Agreed! Also helps to have your resume/cv with you at all times ;) twitter.com/ConnTweetz/sta… 1 year ago
Copyright 2009-2015 by Moms in Weston, CT. All rights reserved.
- Follow Moms in Weston, CT on WordPress.com