HORSESHOE CRAB TAGGING WORKSHOP
Saturday, May 26, 2012 – rain or shine
At the Sherwood Island State Park Nature Center and beach
Event starts at 3:30 PM outside the Nature Center
Public is welcome.
The workshop includes: beach walk, educational talk and tag training. Workshop brought to you by Prof. Jennifer Mattei, Associate Professor of Biology at Sacred Heart University, Project Limulus co-director.
Dr. Mattei is heading up a research project that utilizes trained volunteers.
Come learn about horseshoe crabs that mate on our local beaches during May and June. Having existed for over 300 million years, these creatures are commonly called “living fossils.” Despite the length of time they have been around, not much has been known about their habits.
All ages welcome to attend, children must be accompanied by at least one adult.
Wear comfortable clothes and boots. You will get wet!
Cost: Event and program are free. CT State Park car entrance fee is in effect.
Friends of Sherwood Island State Park
Box 544, Westport CT 06881
Drop us a line!1-203-275-9888Email anytime!
Promote your business with a coupon. Contact us.
Looking for professional babysitting and tutoring services?
What’s Happening in Weston and Nearby?Check out our calendar under the events page. Have something you'd like to add? Contact us.
Diana ToomeyWilson on The Science of Magic is Coming… Lauren Ehrlich on The Science of Magic is Coming… Karen Hein on The Science of Magic is Coming… Hilary Felton on The Science of Magic is Coming… Kara Duncan on The Science of Magic is Coming…
- 203,738 hits
We’re in the news!
- RT @WorkLikeMother: We help moms who lost their confidence and don't have evidence or access to their capabilities, skills & power. https:/… 1 year ago
- RT @fairfielddental: @WestonCTMoms 2016 Back-to-School Dental Check-up List hubs.ly/H04jcYn0 1 year ago
- RT @ArmCindy: Weston Residents: FREE Daffodil Bulb giveaway. 9/24-25 from 10am-4pm. Lachat Farm 106 Godfrey Road. @westonforum @WestonCTMoms 1 year ago
- That's great! twitter.com/GreenwichDV/st… 1 year ago
- Agreed! Also helps to have your resume/cv with you at all times ;) twitter.com/ConnTweetz/sta… 1 year ago
Copyright 2009-2015 by Moms in Weston, CT. All rights reserved.
- Follow Moms in Weston, CT on WordPress.com