“THE HUNT FOR CONNECTICUT’S LOCAL GLOBETROTTERS”
Enter to win for your chance to become one of Connecticut’s Local Globetrotters by telling us what cool basketball move you can do or a favorite Harlem Globetrotter memory below by 6 pm Friday, February 11th. Contest is open to kids 12 and under.
– 1 winner will be able to compete in the “Make a 4-point shot” contest on Monday, February 14th from 3:15-3:45pm AND have the chance to Meet a Harlem Globetrotter live and in person! Winners will be chosen randomly.
– There will be 3 winners from the shoot off – each receiving a family 4-pack of tickets to see the Harlem Globetrotters at the XL Center on Sat, Feb 26th at 7pm.
– Now, as we know the 4-point shot is going to be a hard one for some kids to make – We will also have a “Who came closet to making a basket from the 4-point line” as well as “Who can spin the ball the best” and “Who can dribble on their knees the best” for a few additional family 4-pack giveaways!
Save $7 to the Harlem Globetrotters using the code LOCMOM
1. Log onto http://www.ticketmaster.com/XL-Center-tickets-Hartford/venue/352277
2. Scroll down to Feb 26th 7pm show and click on “Find Tickets”
3. Within the Search for Tickets box, scroll down to “Promotions and Special Offers”
4. Enter # of tickets and select the $29.25 and $22.25 price category and then the code “LOCMOM”
5. Offer is valid Feb 5 – 26, 2011 via online, phones and at the box office.
The Harlem Globetrotters, who have contributed more innovations to the game of basketball than any other team in history, have implemented the first-ever 4-point shot as part of all of its games on the team’s 2011 “4 Times the Fun” North American tour. This game-changing innovation will be on display when the Globetrotters take on the Washington Generals at the XL Center on February 26th at 2pm and 7pm. Throughout the 2011 North American tour, every Globetrotters game will now feature two designated 4-point shooting spots on each side of midcourt, each located 35 feet from the basket (the spots are 12 feet beyond the NBA’s official 3-point line). The 4-point option is expected to further open up the playing floor for the Globetrotters as well as their opponents, the Generals, and is expected to generate even more high-scoring action and competitive play. “I only wish they had this shot when I was playing,” said Globetrotter Legend Curly Neal, one of only five Globetrotters in history to have his jersey number retired. “I could have lit up that scoreboard all night long.”
Drop us a line!1-203-275-9888Email anytime!
Promote your business with a coupon. Contact us.
Looking for professional babysitting and tutoring services?
What’s Happening in Weston and Nearby?Check out our calendar under the events page. Have something you'd like to add? Contact us.
Diana ToomeyWilson on The Science of Magic is Coming… Lauren Ehrlich on The Science of Magic is Coming… Karen Hein on The Science of Magic is Coming… Hilary Felton on The Science of Magic is Coming… Kara Duncan on The Science of Magic is Coming…
- 199,048 hits
We’re in the news!
- RT @WorkLikeMother: We help moms who lost their confidence and don't have evidence or access to their capabilities, skills & power. https:/… 11 months ago
- RT @fairfielddental: @WestonCTMoms 2016 Back-to-School Dental Check-up List hubs.ly/H04jcYn0 12 months ago
- RT @ArmCindy: Weston Residents: FREE Daffodil Bulb giveaway. 9/24-25 from 10am-4pm. Lachat Farm 106 Godfrey Road. @westonforum @WestonCTMoms 12 months ago
- That's great! twitter.com/GreenwichDV/st… 12 months ago
- Agreed! Also helps to have your resume/cv with you at all times ;) twitter.com/ConnTweetz/sta… 12 months ago
Copyright 2009-2015 by Moms in Weston, CT. All rights reserved.
- Follow Moms in Weston, CT on WordPress.com