LEGO® KIDSFEST TOUR BRINGS BUILDING FUN FOR THE
ENTIRE FAMILY TO HARTFORD
-Reserve tickets now for one of five sessions December 3-5-
HARTFORD, Conn., November 9, 2010 – Enfield-based LEGO Systems Inc. and West Hartford-based Life Marketing & Events announce that LEGO® KidsFest Tour will stop at The Connecticut Convention Center on December 3-5, offering LEGO lovers an exciting, three-day interactive experience packed with activities and creative fun for the entire family. LEGO KidsFest is sponsored locally by Big Y world class market and Comcast.
LEGO KidsFest will be conducted in five timed sessions over three days in Hartford. Each session offers the same activities, but enables traffic control to make every experience the best it can be. Tickets are only valid for one session, and because previous LEGO KidsFest events have sold out, it is strongly recommended that families purchase tickets in advance to ensure a spot in their preferred session, while at the same time securing special pre-event savings.
The LEGO KidsFest Hartford schedule is as follows:
|Friday, December 3, 2010||Saturday, December 4, 2010||Sunday, December 5, 2010|
|–||Session 1: 9:00am – 2:00pm||Session 1: 9:00am – 2:00pm|
|Opening Session: 4:00pm – 9:00pm||Session 2: 3:00pm – 8:00pm||Session 2: 3:00pm – 8:00pm|
Among the many attractions, families will find:
- · LEGO Model Museum: more than 40 life-sized models made entirely from LEGO bricks
- · LEGO Master Builders: live demonstrations by the guys who play at work
- · LEGO Creation Nation: build a personalized LEGO creation to add to a huge map of the U.S.
- · LEGO Mystery Mural: build a mosaic tile to add to a giant mural to help reveal the image
- · LEGO Race Ramp: build a car, then race it down the ramp against friends’ and family’s creations
- · LEGO Games Arena: play new LEGO board games like Minotaurus and Creationary
- · LEGO Cool Creations: a gallery of LEGO creations brought from home to put on display for all to see
- · LEGO & LEGO DUPLO® Construction Zones: preschool & school aged kids build what they imagine
- · LEGO Dioramas and Displays created by the community of regional LEGO fans and hobbyists
- · An opportunity to enter to Win a Trip to LEGOLAND® California
Families who attend also have an opportunity to give back to the community in three ways:
- · Donate a non-perishable food item to benefit Enfield FoodShelf and Hartford’s FoodShare. Everyone who brings an item is entered to win LEGO prizes.
- · Bring a new, unwrapped toy for Toys for Tots to brighten the holiday of children across Connecticut. Everyone who donates a toy is entered to win LEGO prizes.
- · Donate $1 to build a LEGO holiday ornament to benefit Connecticut Children’s Medical Center, Channel 3 Kids Camp and Autism Families CT. The ornaments and cash will be donated to the charity, along with a matching gift from the LEGO Children’s Fund.
In addition to the scheduled activities and charitable programs, LEGO KidsFest Hartford will host exclusive LEGO Club Meetings (online pre-registration is required). Meetings include themed building activities and a meet and greet with a LEGO Master Builder. Children who are not LEGO Club members can become members (free of charge) at the show.
“LEGO KidsFest offers families a great opportunity to be immersed in the world of LEGO fun,” said Vince Rubino, events manager, LEGO Systems, Inc. “The show offers a great mix of creative displays, hands-on activities and live demonstrations so that children of all ages will be entertained and inspired.”
For detailed information, to purchase tickets and to register for LEGO Club meetings, visit www.LEGOKidsFest.com. Tickets will only be available at the door if the session has not sold out in advance. Organizers strongly recommend that tickets be purchased in advance to attend the session of choice. Visit www.LEGOKidsFest.com for updates day of event.
Connecticut Convention Center
100 Columbus Blvd
Hartford, CT 06103
Note: fees for parking, food and beverage are not included in ticket prices.